[PlanetCCRMA] The Oxygen 8 works! ... but...

Joseph Zitt jzitt@metatronpress.com
Fri Dec 20 11:42:00 2002

OK, I've found the Pids and updated /etc/modules.conf and
/etc/hotplug/blacklist as suggested.

ALSA seems to start OK, but it looks like jack is still having the same
problem:

[root@gimel hotplug]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound start
Starting sound driver snd-usb-audio                        [  OK  ]
Starting sound driver snd-usb-audio                        [  OK  ]
Starting sequencer driver snd-seq-midi                     [  OK  ]
Restoring sound driver settings                            [  OK  ]
[root@gimel hotplug]# jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100
jackd 0.41.1
Copyright 2001-2002 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

creating alsa driver ... hw|1024|2|44100|swmon
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:866:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p failed:
No such file or directory
ALSA: Cannot open PCM device alsa_pcm/hw
cannot load driver module alsa
jack main caught signal 15
[root@gimel hotplug]#

--