[PlanetCCRMA] updated: alsa drivers.... finally!

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Mon Dec 16 19:13:01 2002

Fernando,
   No luck tonight. I happened to be doing an apt-get dist-upgrade
before I got your email, so the alsa stuff got installed that way. I
then tried to follow your instructions, and it looks like it went OK,
but the results are not good.

   I'm studying, but maybe you'll see what is wrong.

   Software upgrade and current /etc/modules.conf attached.

Thanks,
Mark

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 17:55, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > Finally, I have just updated the ALSA drivers to today's CVS. Hopefully
> > more frequent updates will follow (sorry for the delay on this one).

[root@Godzilla etc]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound stop
Shutting down sound driver                                 [  OK  ]
[root@Godzilla etc]# apt-get update
Ign http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/7.3/en/i386 release
Ign http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/7.x/en/i386 release
Ign http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/7.x.up/en/i386 release
Hit http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/7.3/en/i386/os pkglist
Hit http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/7.3/en/i386/os release
Hit http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/7.3/en/i386/updates pkglist
Hit http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/7.3/en/i386/updates release
Hit http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/7.x/en/i386/planetccrma pkglist
Hit http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/7.x/en/i386/planetccrma release
Hit http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/7.x.up/en/i386/planetccrma
pkglist
Hit http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/7.x.up/en/i386/planetccrma
release
Hit http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/7.3/en/i386/planetccrma pkglist
Hit http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu redhat/7.3/en/i386/planetccrma release
Reading Package Lists... Done
Collecting File Provides... Done
[root@Godzilla etc]# apt-get install alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll alsa-driver
alsa-lib alsa-utils alsa-tools
Reading Package Lists... Done
Collecting File Provides... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll is already the newest version.
Sorry, alsa-driver is already the newest version.
Sorry, alsa-lib is already the newest version.
Sorry, alsa-utils is already the newest version.
Sorry, alsa-tools is already the newest version.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 0 not upgraded.
[root@Godzilla etc]# vi modules.conf
[root@Godzilla etc]# /sbin/depmod -a
[root@Godzilla etc]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound start
Starting sound driver snd-hdsp
/lib/modules/2.4.19-1.ll/kernel/drivers/sound/pci/rme9652/snd-hdsp.o:
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
init_module: No such device
/lib/modules/2.4.19-1.ll/kernel/drivers/sound/pci/rme9652/snd-hdsp.o:
insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.19-1.ll/kernel/drivers/sound/pci/rme9652/snd-hdsp.o
failed
/lib/modules/2.4.19-1.ll/kernel/drivers/sound/pci/rme9652/snd-hdsp.o:
insmod snd-hdsp failed
                                                           [FAILED]
[root@Godzilla etc]# vi modules.conf
[root@Godzilla etc]# alsamixer

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or
directory
[root@Godzilla etc]#

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias eth0 eepro100
alias usb-controller usb-uhci

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 0.9.0 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-hdsp
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
options snd major=116 cards_limit=1 device_mode=0666
options snd-hdsp index=0
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit.