[PlanetCCRMA] updated: snd, meterbridge

Mon Dec 16 14:49:01 2002

> > * snd was updated to version 6.4-1
> > * meterbridge was updated to version 0.9.0-1
>
> I'm eager to be using more of this stuff, but right now I'm focusing on
> trying to get the Oxygen 8 MIDI happening. Do I understand coorectly
> that the ALSA drivers on the Planet remain at the version before the USB
> MIDI was incorporated? I'd be pleased to learn that I'm wrong about
> this... Failing that, could someone point me toward a simple description
> of how to get at and use the CVS version? (I have never tried CVS, and
> am a bit blurry on how it works.)

As of a moment ago a new version of alsa is available on Planet CCRMA.
This will enable you to hopefully use the Oxygen8 keyboard with the
recipe provided at:

http://www.informatik.uni-halle.de/~ladischc/midisport_linux_firmware.html

I have not packaged this in an rpm because I don't have yet permission
to distribute the Midiman firmware drivers for their usb midi cards. The
Nano HOWTO in Planet CCRMA is helpful nevertheless but is not directly
applicable to the Oxygen8 because the GPL firmware does not work for it.

-- Fernando