[PlanetCCRMA] jack - port segment key 0x0

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Wed Dec 11 16:37:09 2002

Fernando,
   This much was working last night. I couldn't play the CDs, but I
could start the app. Today it's dead.

   Has anyone on the Planet seen this error message before?

   I tried removing both the jack and alsaplayer RPMs and reinstalling
them. Still the same error.

   It's a jack error - Ardour ran yesterday and has stopped working
also...

Thanks in advance,
Mark

[root@Godzilla root]# aplay -device="plughw" phone.wav

[root@Godzilla root]# jackstart -R -d alsa -r 44100 -d hw &
[1] 1389
[root@Godzilla root]# jackd 0.41.0
Copyright 2001-2002 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

creating alsa driver ... hw|1024|2|44100|swmon

[root@Godzilla root]# alsaplayer -r -o jack
cannot determine shared memory segment for port segment key 0x0 (Invalid
argument)
jack: server not running?

I could not find a suitable output module on your
system. Make sure they're in "/usr/lib/alsaplayer/output/".
Use the -o parameter to select one.

failed to load output plugin (jack). exitting...
[root@Godzilla root]#