[PlanetCCRMA] Alsa Modular Synth crashes PC

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Dec 9 15:13:01 2002

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 10:48:48 +0000, dougall irving wrote:
> I'm using the latest version of AMS from the planet and have found it
> crashes my whole system.  It loads the GUI then it freezes.  I cannot close
> the window, kill X or do anything much other than reboot.  Does anyone else
> have this trouble?  Could there some libs I need to update also?  I was
> under the impression apt-get should let me know if there are some missing
> dependencies. I'm running RH8 with the planet kernel and alsa drivers.

No, it works fine for me. Using it at the moment. Are you definalty using
the one from this afternoon (ams-1.5.4-2), and is jack runnning or not.

There was a bug where it did that if jack was running, but yuou left off
--jack, thats fixed now.

- Steve