[PlanetCCRMA] HDSP 9652 patch

Sun Dec 8 16:39:01 2002

>    Paul Davis was kind enough to point me to the Alsa-Devel archives
> where I found this information. Apparently the (rev 64) part I'm seeing
> in alsaconf is what needs to be patched into the hdsp driver.
>
>    I'm willing to try and do this, but I've never patched driver code,
> much less much of anything else. (!! time to learn I suppose!!)
>
>    I'm wondering if I could just build the hdsp driver _only_ and then
> copy it to the right location by hand, until you can get this into an
> alsa update for testing. I don't want to break my rpm dependencies...
>
>    Any comments on how to best proceed warmly welcomed. This looks like
> the answer to me.

Hi Mark, I have stored a newer alsa version temporarily in the
planetedge sector of the Planet CCRMA web site. It is today's cvs and
did not have that little patch applied (I added it before compiling).
Obviously not tested except to say it loaded on one computer :-)

This is not yet in the apt repository. So go to:
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/redhat/linux/planetedge/7.x/en/os/

in the i386 directory download the alsa-driver alsa-lib alsa-utils and
alsa-tools rpms version number "42". In the i686 directory download the
alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll version "42".

"rpm -Uvh" them and restart the driver (/etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound
restart).

Who knows, it may work :-)
-- Fernando