[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel Source rpms.

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sat Dec 7 19:59:01 2002

Fernando,
   OK - Hold your horses!! I seem to have things working. I don't like
the solutions at all. Not a bit. And one time it hung shutting down,
which I also don't like, but I do have a little life.

1) I'm using your kernel, but I have duplicated entries in my fstab
file:

LABEL=/                 /                       ext2    defaults
1 1
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620
0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults
0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults
0 0
/dev/hde7               /store                  ext2    defaults
0 0
/dev/hda7               /store                  ext2    defaults
0 0
/dev/hde6               swap                    swap    defaults
0 0
/dev/hda6               swap                    swap    defaults
0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

  This solution actually does seem to work, for both the swap file (more
in a second) and for my /store directory. God forbid something decides
to change the names of my drives again.

2) I made a mistake (one of many) when I told you the hde6 entry for the
swap didn't work. I was looking at the output of the 'df -a' command,
and I didn't see the swap file. Finally I noticed that it wasn't there
for the standard kernel either, so I went and looked at 'top', which
showed that it is loaded.

   The downside of this is that I suffer error message both booting up
and shutting down.I could just edit fstab when changing kernels. That's
not too difficult, but I'll leave it this way for now.

3) I'm now trying to get the sound installed. alsaconf did find the card
when running your kernel. It does not find it when running the RH
kernel. Maybe this is expected. So be it...at least it's found.

   More later, I'm sure, but I am makign some headway finally.

   Thanks for sticking with me!

Cheers,
Mark