[PlanetCCRMA] PlanetCCRAM Kernel Configuration file

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sat Dec 7 16:20:02 2002

Fernando,
   Thanks for the help so far. A few comments and questions below.
Cheers,
Mark

<SNIP>
Did you try to add another swap entry to /etc/fstab pointing to hdex? I
think that should work, send me your current fstab and I can help with
that. Swap partitions that "are not there" will be ignored, I think, and
will just trigger an error during the boot phase.
<SNIP>

I dig. It didn't work. whether I had hde or hde the swap space was not
recognized. Too bad.

<SNIP>
You have to download the .src.rpm, not the kernel-source .i386.rpm. You
can find it in the "System" section of the Planet CCRMA pages. The
.src.rpm includes all the configuration files. There was a post not that
long ago with the steps you have to take to rebuild and change a
configuration (Patricio de la Cuadra was asking about that, I think).
<SNIP>

OK, the 'System Stuff' page has some discussion about this, but doesn't
actually have the apt-get instructions. There are apt-get instructions
on the page about installing the kernel. I'm sure this is what you mean,
right?

http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installkernelandsound.html

I've downloaded these, and I do find config files, but none fo them are
named with the 'll' option. I loaded one (the Athlon one) and found that
the low latency stuff is set, so I think this is the right stuff. You
agree?

<SNIP>
Wait, here is the email I was referring to:

http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2002-November/000400.html

I think what you have to do is to enable the configuration option you
were taking about last week and then boot with a kernel option that
reverses the search.
<SNIP>

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind this evening.

You're a great help Fernando! Thanks a lot! Let me know when you want
that beer and Empanada! ;-)

Cheers,
Mark