[PlanetCCRMA] PlanetCCRAM Kernel Configuration file

Sat Dec 7 10:51:01 2002

>    I downloaded the source RPMs via Synaptic this morning for the
> 2.4.19.ll kernel. I desperately need to solve the boot order issue
> between my hard disk controllers.(I'm running your kernel, but only with
> no swap space!)

Did you try to add another swap entry to /etc/fstab pointing to hdex? I
think that should work, send me your current fstab and I can help with
that. Swap partitions that "are not there" will be ignored, I think, and
will just trigger an error during the boot phase.

>    It's been a while since I've built a kernel myself and I have a few
> questions.
>
> 1) Did this Synaptic download include your configuration file for the
> kernel we're all running? If so, what's it called and where is it
> residing?

You have to download the .src.rpm, not the kernel-source .i386.rpm. You
can find it in the "System" section of the Planet CCRMA pages. The
.src.rpm includes all the configuration files. There was a post not that
long ago with the steps you have to take to rebuild and change a
configuration (Patricio de la Cuadra was asking about that, I think).

> 2) If not, could you email me a copy?
>
> 3) What front end did you use to set the kernel up? I use make xconfig.
> Is that OK?

I normally use make xconfig

>    Any other info you could provide would be very appreciated.

Wait, here is the email I was referring to:

http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2002-November/000400.html

I think what you have to do is to enable the configuration option you
were taking about last week and then boot with a kernel option that
reverses the search.

-- Fernando