[PlanetCCRMA] MidiSport 2X2 problems

Wed Dec 4 11:09:01 2002

>    Pulling the USB cable was sufficient to make Windows happy. Plugging
> it back in allowed Windows to load the correct firmware and MIDI started
> working again.That's cool.
>
>    Unfortunately, Linux wasn't as sophisticated. Upon going back into
> Linux on a warm boot, (Windows firmware still in the 2X2?) Kudzu then
> tells me that my MidiSport 2X2 is MISSING!

Did you turn off the midisport? It goes both ways, the Midiman firmware
that gets loaded in the windows world is different from the GPL firmware
that linux is downloading to the box.

>    Wonder if I need to turn Kudzu off completely?

I never use kudzu... I like to configure things manually but that's just
me (it is also less than useful because it does not know about alsa
yet).

-- Fernando