[PlanetCCRMA] Redhat Vs. Mandrake

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Dec 4 08:36:02 2002

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 08:06:04 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Going forward though it is my understanding that RH is sort of killing off
> the KDE environment post 8.0. If this is true it will effect some of my
> other home machines, as I'm converting my wife and kid to Linux. They both

This is a myth AFAICT, they have made them appear the same, but both Gnome
and KDE under 8.0 are unsupprising to a Windows/MacOS user out of the box.

My girlfriend, who is a non technical Mac (and occasional Windows) user
doesn't have any problems. I've now converted my flat to Linux and she
hasn't complained too much (there is one win95 box hidden in the studio to
control the nord and run my high bandwidth ISA MIDI card).

- Steve