[PlanetCCRMA] RE: [Rosegarden-user] RG make issue:undefined symbol: __ti15QGPluginManager

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Tue Dec 3 17:56:00 2002

Fernando,
   Here's the problem. I have 3 machines going right now. All of them
are RH 7.3, and all use Qt via the distribution. (as per your info.)

If you execute the command:

/usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic

on two of the machines this command executes correctly. On the 3rd
machine the command fails with the error message in the title of this
email.(undefined symbol....) This same error happens during the make
step of RG on that machine.

   I have not been able to find what I might have done to make this one
machine work incorrectly. That major differences are:

1) The one that fails is running fluxbox. The two that pass are running
KDE. I will change the failing machine back to Gnome/KDE tomorrow and
see what happens.

2) The machine that is failing has audio hardware in it. The two that
are passing do not. (Yet...)

   All three have your kernel. Only the failing machine has been
configured as per the audio config step on the Planet.

   Others that have responded to this thread have said the error looks
like a problem that occurs when the Qt RPM is compiled with a different
C compiler than is installed on the machine using the qt3 library. This
is why I asked if you knew what compiler was used. From your info I
infer that it was the compiler that came with the distribution. (And
again, if it was the wrong compiler, then I think that all of my
machines would fail identically.)

Mark