[PhDs] Desk Lottery Procedure Adjustment Request

Marise van Zyl marise at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 6 14:04:00 PST 2023

Hi again (and sorry for the amount of emails)

Here are our results:
[cPfNikAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC]

It seems like people are open to the idea, under certain circumstances. Although there's also a very strong "no" vibe.

As such, we move to the discussion portion to figure out a solution.

Please fill in this when2meet for a 30 minute slot. Meeting will be hybrid. Perhaps early/mid morning or late evening to accommodate different time zones and be outside our class hours.

https://www.when2meet.com/?22707793-xaR7t

One possibility could be to add them to the lottery, just at a ranking/position which everyone (phds) is comfortable with. Perhaps include DMA students who TA at ccrma and have them choose after CCRMA phds who are also TAing, since that seems to be a motivating factor for having a desk

Still,

Marise