[neuromusiclab] Need your help choosing tones

Takako Fujioka takako at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Jan 26 15:38:50 PST 2020

Hi Vidya and all,

Vidya, thanks - this is a nice mockup to feel the differences.

However, I've noticed that the 400Hz tone is much 'softer' in loudness
compared to 1000, 2000, or 2400. Well, that's obvious but we didn't
really think about the loudness curve in our Friday discussion -But the
low tone is too 'soft', we are running a risk of 'lower arousal' by the
cue for the low tone, and consequently, causing disadvantage for the
'slow' tempo.

Perhaps 1000, 1500, 2400, could be a good combination? (or anything
between 1-3k because of the similarity in loudness) then let us know the
revised test html....

Best,
Takako

On 2020-01-26 10:09, Vidya Rangasayee wrote:

> Hi Neuromusic team
>
> Thanks for those who attended the meeting on Friday. Based on the feedback I have put together a two different sets of tones for high, medium, low. Please help me by taking a quick poll on which one you prefer.
> https://web.stanford.edu/~rvidya/tempotap/ [2]
>
> Brief Background:
> Trying to setup an experiment to find/classify the EEG activity during imagining a tempo. An auditory cue will be presented to indicate what tempo the subject should imagine and eventually tap.
>
> Thanks
> Vidya

Links:
------