[manifesto] IDEO opens up about the trend (fad) that is design thinking

Jack Atherton lja at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Nov 27 11:07:23 PST 2018

I feel like DTers tell this narrative a lot. But I also think that another
problem is that some DTers say that their way of doing design is general
and applicable to all kinds of design; especially when they are first
teaching students. I think DT needs a better awareness of its own
limitations and the specific problems it's trying to solve, and the values
behind solving those problems in that way.