[mamst] Group Share-apy (rhymes with therapy)

Michiko Theurer mtheurer at stanford.edu
Tue May 30 15:21:20 PDT 2023

Hello dear friends!

I'm feeling a need for some gentle loving music-adjacent share-times, and would love to invite you all to an informal sharing session during my erstwhile class time this coming Friday, June 2, 10:30am-12:20pm, in Braun rehearsal hall (don't worry, we'll make it cozy-- I have pillows and a lamp and plan to banish fluorescent lighting for the duration of the gathering).

The rules:

  *   everybody brings a little something to share. 💐 could be edible, audible, visible, drinkable, imaginary, or otherwise. You're welcome to bring a structure for collective musicking, an invitation to shared silence, an ethno/musicological or CCRMAtic inquiry, or your favorite TJ's snack.
  *   loose ends, tangles, works-in-progress, questions, and doubts are especially welcomed.
  *   this is a space for collective celebration, mourning, love, and whatever else is needed.
  *   everyone who wants to share a time-based offering gets an equal share of time-- please let me know in advance if you have an idea of what you'd like to share so I can ensure supportive resources and ample time-space are available.
  *   I think there are several nut allergies around, so ✨no nuts, please.✨ Reply all with any other allergies or other needs so we can support one another's safety and well being. 💜
  *   please share with anyone else you think might want to join-- I don't have emails for all the lovely people I've met this quarter, especially in non-music-related areas, so I appreciate your sharing the love.

There is now (thanks to hero Bryan Hardester!) stereo audio capability in the wall speakers in BRH, woo (yay for almost being less than a century behind CCRMA!)! and plenty of pianos and musical miscellany in the room. Let me know if there's anything else I can help arrange to support what you'd like to share.

with love and gratitude,

Michi

p.s. anyone who wants can join me for lunch afterward and a trek up to CCRMA for Mike Mulshine's dissertation defense at 1pm, WOOOOOOO!!!!🌻🌻🌻

Michiko Theurer

pronouns: she/her

<http://michikotheurer.com>