[mamst] Fwd: [Staffers] Two student positions for Summer 2021

Nette Worthey networth at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed May 5 17:11:41 PDT 2021

Hey there! Anyone looking for some extra money this summer? Two short-term positions open at the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs…

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Addie Schnirel <addieschnirel at stanford.edu>
> Subject: [Staffers] Two student positions for Summer 2021
> Date: May 5, 2021 at 4:49:26 PM PDT
> To: "staffersbusiness at lists.stanford.edu" <staffersbusiness at lists.stanford.edu>
>
> Please share!
>
> OPA Student Associate - Data
> Summer (June-August), 100 hrs total, $25-35/hr DOE [More info in Handshake <https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/4780300>]
> Current Stanford students welcome to apply.
> The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs is looking for two student associates to play an integral role in collecting data for an exciting longitudinal project to understand career outcomes of postdoctoral scholars. Using postdoc office data, social media, and other online resources, grad associates will identify current job title and employer for former postdocs. The second part of the project requires categorizing the job into employment sector, career type, and job function. Data will be entered into a Redcap database. Training will be provided, and accuracy will be cross-checked to ensure reliability for the data. Interested associates may play a further role in analysis of data. Student associates will be closely mentored and supervised by OPA’s data analyst. Estimated 100 hours total across 10 weeks, flexible hours.
>
> OPA Student Associate - Programmer
> Summer (June-August), 100 hrs total, $25-35/hr DOE [More info in Handshake <https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/4780334>]
> Current Stanford students welcome to apply.
> The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs is looking for one student associate to develop a web scraping tool. General web scraping will be utilized as well investigating and developing use of LinkedIn’s API. This role will also be cross-trained in the manual data collection to best understand the needs and serve as a back-up if LinkedIn API is not feasible. The second part of the project requires categorizing the job into employment sector, career type, and job function. There is also the possibility to build a machine learning algorithm to assign categorization based on scraped data. Student associates will be closely mentored and supervised by OPA’s data analyst. Estimated 100 hours total across 10 weeks, flexible hours.
>

> --
> Addie Schnirel
> Academic Information Analyst
> Office of Postdoctoral Affairs <https://postdocs.stanford.edu/>
> addieschnirel at stanford.edu <mailto:addieschnirel at stanford.edu>
> (650) 736-0129
> Pronouns:  she/her/hers

***
Please note: I do not regularly check or respond to email in the evenings or on weekends. Your understanding and patience are appreciated! I shall respond as soon as I am able, most often the following business day.
***
Nette Worthey
CCRMA Administrator
Dept. of Music, Stanford