[LAC-19] Wednesday's Meeting and Checklist

Romain Michon rmichon at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Jan 25 13:43:11 PST 2019

Hi everyone,

Here's a summary of Wednesday morning's meeting. I also created a checklist
based on what we talked about:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OQPVHtZDgIioXnDyJKN0g2mlcZUr3PSXLokFgeiPhHg/edit?usp=sharing

*Reviews*
Review process is over. We have a total of:
- 20 papers (presentations)
- 3 posters
- 4 workshops
- 4 demos
- 7 fixed media pieces
- 9 installations
- 12 live pieces
- 1 laptop orchestra piece (+ the ones from Bruno's students)

*Scientific Program*
Elliot and I will take care of putting the paper sessions program together.
Sessions will feature 30mins talks (25mins + 5mins for questions). There
will be 3 papers per session.

*Concerts*
There will be 4 concerts on stage on Saturday and Sunday (2x(6pm-7pm and
then 8pm-9pm)).

*Club Night*
The club night will start at 7pm and will feature more pieces than stage
concerts. It will take place in the CCRMA yard if the weather permits it or
in BRH otherwise. The diffusion system will be 8.2. There will be a BBQ and
a bar, only people who payed for it will be able to access those (they'll
be wearing a special wrist band). If the event happens in BRH, we'll have
to bring gears from CCRMA (see checklist).

*Registration*
Registration instructions are available on the conf website:
https://lac.linuxaudio.org/2019/#registration
This spreadsheet shows the people who registered:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-32CieXdOu4KIMRcUn8OLPcLfzRsfihSZBm4kjM9zfI/edit?usp=sharing

Only people who registered get a badge. People without a badge can still
attend to the conference.
Participants will retrieve their conference package in the morning of the
first day of the conference. Nette will take care of that. The registration
desk will be in Dink lobby. Participants can also retrieve their conf
package later, but they'll have to ask one of the conference organizer.
Upon check-in, participants will pay for potential reservations made for
the Club Night BBQ. People can make a reservation/pay for the BBQ until the
end of the first day of the conference.

*Demos and Posters*
Demos and posters will take place in the dink lobby, probably during
lunchtime.

*Workshops*
The ambisonics workshop will have to take place on stage in the morning on
the 26th. The RPI workshop will take place in the classroom. Other
workshops will take place in Dink. All workshops will happen in the morning.

*Proceedings*
Proceedings will be on-line only. They will have an ISSN.

*Post-Conference Trip*
Tuesday afternoon. Guided tour of Stanford, CCRMA and dish walk.

Let me know if you have any question.

Cheers,

Romain