[LAC-19] Creative Coding workshop details

Bruno Ruviaro bruviaro at scu.edu
Thu Feb 7 11:40:00 PST 2019

Hi Romain, Constantin and all,

I wanted to ask if we set the approximate schedule for the Creative Coding
SuperCollider workshop that was accepted to LAC. As you may remember, this
will involve a big group of Bay Area high school kids (around 50 people
from Onyx Scholars program) coming to the conference on *Saturday March 23*
to participate. They will come with their own teachers and parents to guide
the group etc. At this point they just asked me for more details regarding
day schedule so they can plan accordingly, charter their bus, and so on.

The exact format depends on what room you have available for this workshop.
If you have a room that can fit 50+ people, we can do a single 2-hour
workshop with everyone. If you have room that is good for 25-30 people, we
can do two identical sessions of about 90 minutes. Or, if we need to use a
room that fits 20 people max, we could do three sessions of about 60
minutes each. Yet another option is, if you have 2 or 3 smaller rooms that
could be used simultaneously with up to to 20 people each, I could organize
simultaneous sessions run by my TAs (probably yes). I'm open to discuss any
of the formats above, or any other ideas you may have.

This would likely happen between 1:30 PM and 4:30 PM (approximately) on
March 23rd. At 6:00 PM kids probably will attend the first concert (which
is the one with SCLOrk). They will not attend the 8:00 PM one.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!!

Bruno