[LAC-19] Updates // Submission Period Over

Romain Michon rmnmichon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 01:13:44 PST 2018

Yes... OpenConf is super confusing. I remember the first time I submitted a
paper to LAC it took me a while to find that "Upload Paper Button". I
suggested to Frank Neumann to consider another option for future editions
of LAC. As Nando pointed out, a few people had troubles uploading their PDF
and they had to be compressed in order to make it work. Anyway, now that we
got PDFs from everyone, the review process can begin.

Happy Christmas to all!

Cheers,

Romain

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 10:33 PM Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <
nando at ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:

> On 12/23/2018 12:04 PM, Chris Chafe wrote:
> > Excellent, I just followed through -- thanks your hint!
>
> Yes, not documented...
>
> I had a different kind of problem, my pdf was not accepted by the
> openconf software (too linuxy? :-) - I created it with pdflatex. It was
> suggested I use an online service to recompress it, but I refuse to use
> online services when there are other more local options. Surely this can
> be fixed with a bit of Linux command line hackery? A bit of searching
> suggested this:
>
> gs -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4
> -dPDFSETTINGS='/printer' -sOutputFile=stage_grail_c.pdf stage_grail.pdf
>
> (PDFSETTINGS can control the degree of compression)
>
> The recompressed file was uploaded with no problems. Magic.
> -- Fernando
>

> > On Sun, 2018-12-23 at 10:06 -0800, Bruno Ruviaro wrote:
> >> I think you had to go back to the main page and choose "upload file",
> >> provide submission # and password, then upload the file to be
> >> associated with that submission #. A bit counterintuitive, yes...

Romain Michon
+33 (0)7 67 39 72 40http://grame.fr/~michon