[LAC-19] Updates // Submission Period Over

Sun Dec 23 13:33:44 PST 2018

On 12/23/2018 12:04 PM, Chris Chafe wrote:
> Excellent, I just followed through -- thanks your hint!

Yes, not documented...

I had a different kind of problem, my pdf was not accepted by the
openconf software (too linuxy? :-) - I created it with pdflatex. It was
suggested I use an online service to recompress it, but I refuse to use
online services when there are other more local options. Surely this can
be fixed with a bit of Linux command line hackery? A bit of searching
suggested this:

gs -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4
-dPDFSETTINGS='/printer' -sOutputFile=stage_grail_c.pdf stage_grail.pdf

(PDFSETTINGS can control the degree of compression)

The recompressed file was uploaded with no problems. Magic.
-- Fernando