[Grads] Call for Summer Workshops, 2024 Edition

Nette Worthey networth at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Nov 21 11:35:42 PST 2023

**

*Greetings, all!*

**
*

Happy start to winter festivities and holidays! I hope this email finds
you all well*. *I have already had questions about workshops next
summer, so I thought it'd be a great time to start the conversation
about what we might offer this coming summer. To that end, please let me
know:

**

A) if you're interested in teaching a workshop (include a working title
of that workshop) in summer 2024;

B) what format your workshop would work best (online, in person,
hybrid), and if you’d be able to and interested in adjusting it one way
or the other if conditions change; and

C) the approximate dates you would like to teach.

*
*

Summer session this year is from June 17 through August 30, although it
*may* be possible to schedule into September, particularly if you’re
offering your workshop online. Send me your info and a rough abstract
ASAP, particularly if this is a new or substantially reworked offering.
We can be flexible and creative with scheduling, although avoiding
concurrent offerings is generally preferred. Send me your ideas and
let’s see what we can work out!

*
*

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

*
*

Cheers!

*
*

Nette

*
*

PS: To remind you, last year's offerings
<https://ccrma.stanford.edu/workshops>were:

* *
CANCELED: 6/19 – 6/23 Real-Time Audio DSP on FPGA: Pierre Cochard,
Maxime Popoff
6/26 – 6/30 Designing Physical Interactions for Music: Sasha Leitman,
Roger Linn
7/10 – 7/14 FluCoMa: Making Music using Machine Listening & Machine
Learning: Ted Moore, Davor Vincze
7/17 - 7/21 Real-time AudioVisual Composition with RayTone: Eito
Murakami, John Burnett
7/24 – 7/28 Recording Arts: Cory Cullinan, Jay Kadis
7/24 – 7/28 Percepton-Based Orchestration for Composer-Performers: Yuval
Adler, Nick Virzi
7/24-8/2, MWFMW Computer-Assisted Composition with Python: Marc Evanstein
8/7-11 DDSP: Audio and Music Processing with PyTorch: Irán Román,
Chuyang Chen
8/14-18 Deep Learning for Music Information Retrieval I: How Neural
Networks Learn Audio: Irán Román
8/21-25 Deep Learning for MIR II: State-of-the-art Algorithms: Irán
Román, Bea Steers
8/28 - 9/1 SuperCollider: Josh Mitchell*

--
I am on campus Monday through Thursday (leaving at 2 on Thursdays), and may be available in person on Friday by special arrangement