[Grads] Commencement Festivities

Nette Worthey networth at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu May 18 13:53:05 PDT 2023

Hello CCRMA Graduate Students!

I wanted to give you all important information about Commencement events
for this year.

As is our usual practice, we will host a BBQ and casual hang at CCRMA
the Saturday before the big university event (Saturday June 17), from
about noon-ish to about 5 or 6-ish. We'll have tons of food, beverages,
maybe a kiddie pool or two and lawn games, and lots of camaraderie to
send off those of you who are graduating with love and fun. You're
welcome to invite family, friends, significant others, pets, etc. to
come by, even if you're not graduating. *Please let me know by June 12
or so how many people you'll bring, along with any dietary constraints
so we can have enough noshes.*

Then Sunday June 18 will be the Commencement ceremony for the whole
university in the morning, followed by the Dept. of Music ceremony
around noon in Campbell Recital Hall. I *strongly* encourage you to
participate in the departmental ceremony - it's not long, and is where
your name will be called, and you go pick up your diploma (cover - they
mail you the actual diploma - sorry!) and get a handshake with the
Chair. After the ceremony there will be a nice reception in the
courtyard between Campbell and BRH.

Please let me know if you have any questions about things! Also, if
anyone is interested in assisting with the grill, I know my husband
would be happy to have help :)

Nette

--
I am on campus Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, and may be available in person on Friday by special arrangement