[Grads] UPDATE: Preliminary Schedule Call for Summer 2023 Workshops

Nette Worthey networth at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jan 11 11:13:51 PST 2023

**

*Hello, and Happy New Year!*

*

Hope you're all safe, warm, and dry (because California right now is
not!). I am back from winter break and looking at workshop plans for
this summer. I've heard from a number of you already, and put together a
preliminary schedule, pasted below. Please have a look and let me know
if you need to make any adjustments. For those that haven't reached out,
or who haven't confirmed dates, please do so soon because I would like
to open registration in early February.

Any questions? Let me know!

Nette

*_PRELIMINARY WORKSHOP SCHEDULE_*

6/19 – 6/23
Real-Time Audio DSP on FPGA: Pierre Cochard, Romain Michon, Maxime Popoff
Recording Arts: Cory Cullinan, Jay Kadis (TBD)

6/26 – 6/30
Designing Physical Interactions for Music: Sasha Leitman, Roger Linn
Recording Arts: Cory Cullinan, Jay Kadis (TBD)

7/3 - 7/7
Disklavier: Emily Graber, Julie Zhu (TBC)

7/10 – 7/14
FluCoMa Making Music using Machine Listening & Machine Learning: Ted
Moore, Davor Vincze

7/17 - 7/21

7/24 – 7/28
Computer-Assisted Composition with Python: Marc Evanstein (MWFMW, 7/24

7/31 – 8/4

8/7 – 8/11
MIR I: Irán Román

8/14 – 8/18
Deep Learning for Music Information Retrieval II: How Neural Networks
Learn Audio: Camille Noufi, Irán Román

8/21 – 8/25
Deep Learning for MIR III: State-of-the-art Algorithms: Camille Noufi,
Irán Román

8/28 – 9/1

*

*
*

    **

    *Greetings, all!*

    **

    **

    *Happy start to winter festivities and holidays! I hope this email
    finds you all well, comfortable, and safe.*

    **

    **

    *Last summer was a bit rough for our workshop programs, with several
    electing to cancel due to low enrollment and other concerns, however
    I am confident that this year we will be able to have the schedule
    finalized, contingency plans in place, and registration up and
    running in ample time for people to make travel plans to come and
    attend in person.  Of course, although we’re getting back to life as
    though we are “post pandemic” we still need to be prepared to shift
    to remote teaching and learning should the conditions warrant. I
    welcome your thoughts on planning and reasonable timing for making
    the call to change formats, while also reminding you that we will
    have to abide by the county (university, state, federal)
    restrictions (and that we can choose to be more restrictive if we
    wish).*

    **

    **

    *Please let me know:*

    *

    A) if you're interested in teaching a workshop (include a working
    title of that workshop) in summer 2023;

    B) what format your workshop would work best (online, or in person),
    and if you’d be able to and interested in adjusting it one way or
    the other if conditions change; and

    C) the approximate dates you would like to teach.

    *

    **

    *Summer session this year is from June 19 through September 1,
    although it *may* be possible to schedule into September,
    particularly if you’re offering your workshop online. Send me your
    info and a rough abstract ASAP, particularly if this is a new or
    substantially reworked offering. We can be flexible and creative
    with scheduling, although avoiding concurrent offerings is always
    preferred. Send me your ideas and let’s see what we can work out!*

    **

    **

    *Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.*

    **

    **

    *Cheers!*

    **

    **

    *Nette*

    **

    **

    *PS: To remind you, last year's offerings
    <https://ccrma.stanford.edu/workshops>were:*

    **

    **

    *CANCELED Perceptual Audio Coding: Marina Bosi, Rich Goldberg*

    *

    Algorithmic Composition with Max/MSP and Open Music: Davor Vincze,
    Andrew Watts

    CANCELED Digital Audio Effects: Champ Darabundit, Mark Rau

    CANCELED Distributed Arts Collective: Constantin Basica, Alex Chechile

    Recording Arts: Cory Cullinan, Jay Kadis

    Designing Physical Interactions for Music: Sasha Leitman, Roger Linn

    CANCELED Max/MSP/Jitter I: Christopher Jette, Matt Wright

    Computer-Assisted Composition with Python: Marc Evanstein

    CANCELED Max/MSP/Jitter II: Doug McCausland, Matt Wright

    CANCELED: Gestural Music-Making in Max/MSP: Doug McCausland

    CANCELED: DIY and High-Speed Approach to Creating Audiovisual Works:
    Kimia Koochakzadeh-Yazdi, Stephanie Sherriff

    Deep Learning for Music Information Retrieval I: How Neural Networks
    Learn Audio: Camille Noufi, Irán Román

    Deep Learning for MIR II: State-of-the-art Algorithms: Camille
    Noufi, Irán Román

    CANCELED: SuperCollider: Bruno Ruviaro

    Perception-Based Orchestration for Composer-Performers: Yuval Adler,
    Nick Virzi

    *

--
I am on campus Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, and may be available in person on Friday by special arrangement