[Grads] Fwd: *DEI Committee Request to Humanities and Sciences Dean's office for Black-identifying scholar/scholar-artist*

Michael Mulshine mulshine at stanford.edu
Sun Jan 30 14:05:24 PST 2022

Hi CCRMA Grads!

Check out the email below and please consider signing this
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pwfFKvOLINL212sG45PN1DIaH1w5bxexnst7E00cnSU/edit>
petition
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pwfFKvOLINL212sG45PN1DIaH1w5bxexnst7E00cnSU/edit>
(at
your earliest convenience) to support a request to HSDO (Humanities and
Sciences Dean's Office) to facilitate an opportunity-hire for a
Black-identifying scholar/scholar-artist. Also, feel free to contribute
related testimony via this form <https://forms.gle/6hbSexH9LBcMhpHx7>. The
DEI Reps from Musicology, Ethno, and CCRMA (that's me) felt it was really
important to express grad student support of this effort at an early stage
in the faculty council search process; specifically, before the initial
pitch of this request at a *2/1 meeting*.

Let me know if you have any questions about it - happy to talk.

Best,

MIke M