[Grads] Fwd: Commencement Celebrations On Campus: ATTENDING?

nworthey nworthey at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 13 16:11:01 PDT 2022

Hi there! This is *very* important! Please let Debbie know if you will be participating as a graduating person in the June 12 departmental ceremony. I highly encourage it! It’s a very fun event. Come talk to me if you have any questions. I’ll be sending out CCRMA-specific Commencement events soon.

Nette

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Debbie Barney <dabarney at stanford.edu>
> Subject: Commencement Celebrations On Campus: ATTENDING?
> Date: April 13, 2022 at 1:29:38 PM PDT
> To: Undisclosed recipients:;
>
> Folks:  It is very important that you respond to this email to let me know whether you are intending to attend the Music Department Commencement Celebration on June 12!
>
> If you haven’t let me know yet (and thank you to the few who have!) please respond ASAP to let us know.  This is critical as we are planning on food, diplomas, and hooding events and individuals who ARE intending to return for the ceremonies will be very unhappy if they are not included in the program because they did not let us know they intended to participate!
>
> Eligibility criteria for attending the stadium ceremony is here:https://commencement.stanford.edu/sites/g/files/sbiybj17666/files/media/file/Commencement%202022%20Participation%20Eligibility.pdf <https://commencement.stanford.edu/sites/g/files/sbiybj17666/files/media/file/Commencement%202022%20Participation%20Eligibility.pdf>
> Deadline for applying (with late fee) to graduate in spring quarter: https://commencement.stanford.edu/graduates <https://commencement.stanford.edu/graduates>
> Application in Axess for graduating in Summer is now open.
>
> Thank you for your consideration and cooperation!
>
> ~db
>
> Dear Recent-Past, Current, and Near-Future Doctoral Graduates in Music!
>
> As we barrel into Spring quarter, we are attempting to discover who among our doctoral graduates may be intending to return to campus to participate in the our in-person (!)commencement ceremonies <https://commencement.stanford.edu/> this June. As you may already know, Stanford is making it possible for those of you who missed the opportunity due to COVID during the past two Junes to attend this year.  (Check out the commencement link, above for additional details.)
>
> In addition to the stadium ceremonies, the Department of Music will also be having a celebration which you are all most welcome to attend, either as recent past graduates, current graduates, or future graduates (planning on graduating this coming summer quarter).
>
> Also, if you are planning on attending and you wish to purchase/rent regalia, here’s the scoop:
>
> Custom Regalia at the Bookstore: https://commencement.stanford.edu/custom-regalia <https://commencement.stanford.edu/custom-regalia>
> (Do not be confused by the bookstore affirmations of hood colors: Trust the information below!)
>
> DMAs hoods should be pink for “Music” as your degree is a Doctor of Musical Arts.
> PhDs hoods should be Dark Blue as your degree is a Doctor of Philosophy (in Music).
>
> Cap & Gown: https://capgown.com/search?q=Stanford <https://capgown.com/search?q=Stanford> (Sometimes these folks offer discounts for group orders.)

> [...]

Nette Worthey
CCRMA Administrator
Dept. of Music, Stanford