[Grads] Nominations for CCRMA's DEI Student Rep!

Barbara Nerness bnerness at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Dec 7 12:43:37 PST 2021

Hey fellow CCRMA grads!

TL;DR
--
Please nominate up to 3 fellow CCRMA grad students to be in the running
for the new Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) CCRMA Grad Student

DUE THIS FRIDAY 12/10/21! (end of day)

--

Hope your quarter is wrapping up well - is it just me or is time moving
way too fast again? It's been great to see many of you in person and

On to business... At the Nov 15th Music Grads Town Hall, Jarek requested
a new Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Student Representative from
each music sub discipline (Ethnomusicology/Musicology, Composition,
CCRMA).

The current responsibilities of this position as I see it include:
- acting as liaison to the Faculty DEI committee (newly formed this
quarter)
- attending their meetings (1-2 per quarter)
- gathering feedback from CCRMA grad students on DEI-related issues
- organizing with Ethnomusicology/Musicology and Composition DEI
reps/students
- there may be other other tasks as the position evolves, so some
flexibility will be required
- the position lasts for the remainder of the academic year, and we
would elect someone new in the Fall

So, please elect up to 3 fellow CCRMA graduate students who you think
will rock
the position, using this form [1]. Nominations are due by end of day
THIS FRIDAY DECEMBER 10TH.

I will then contact those who have been nominated to see if they're
interested, and voting will take place during the first week of the
Winter quarter. The form is anonymous, and if you are interested in the
position, feel free to enter your own name as one of your entries!

As always, feel free to shoot me an email with any
thoughts/comments/questions!

Thanks for reading, and happy holidays!
Barbara

Links: