[Grads] Fw: ASSU Survey for International Students

Mike Mulshine mrmulshine at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 19:28:31 PDT 2020

Hello CCRMA international students:

I'm forwarding an email from the ASSU (Associated Students of Stanford
University) which contains a link to a survey to speak up about your
particular situation in light of the recent SEVP/ICE policy. Your feedback
may help contribute to a stronger case for swift and effective support from
SU. Check out the email below.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dear all,

As you are likely aware, international students are going through a very
challenging time in light of the recent SEVP/ICE policy
<https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/sevp-modifies-temporary-exemptions-nonimmigrant-students-taking-online-courses-during>
 regarding the right to remain in the US while taking online classes.

If you are an international student, please fill out this survey
<https://forms.gle/GAZccPkTfVzFkh1h8>, which will ask about your current
issues and needs. Through the information you share on the form, we are
hoping to collect data in order to advocate for our community's needs to
the university administration and better understand the issues that we will
need to mobilize around. Since the recent ruling only adds to the already
existent difficulties faced by international students, we will be asking
about many of the possible situations you might be in. It should not take
more than 5 minutes, and it will be tremendously helpful for us to advocate
for university action, so please respond! The link again:
https://forms.gle/GAZccPkTfVzFkh1h8

If you are not an international student, please just help us circulate this
survey to as many students as possible! Help us organize by forwarding this
email to your mailing lists. We are trying to reach as many international
undergraduate/graduate students and scholars as possible.

Thank you!

All the best,

*Gülin Ustabas*

*she/her pronouns*

Co-Director of International Student Advocacy | Associated Students of
Stanford University

B.A. Candidate | Philosophy | Political Science

Stanford University '21

gulinu at assu.stanford.edu | gulinu at stanford.edu

ccsregrads at lists.stanford.edu