[CM] removing harmonic content from sound (solutions for real-time use)

Orm Finnendahl orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Thu Aug 17 01:57:48 PDT 2023

Hi Anders,

Am Mittwoch, den 16. August 2023 um 22:50:30 Uhr (+0200) schrieb
Anders Vinjar:

> My problem is the real-time requirements (no off-line pre-analysis), and
> not-very-large latency.  Do you think ATS could provide solutions for
> those?

 I don't think so.

> The Median Filtering approach of FitzGerald is perfect!  But needs
> several frames to track partials to distinguish from non-harmonic
> content (as ats etc.).  Probably as close as i'll come...

I completely agree. Although I heard very convincing AI based
extractions of drum parts from instrumental tracks and imagine this
could work very well for your application case, I would expect you
need a fair bit of training data and expertise to make it work.

I'd be quite interested to hear about your experiences and results
(just post offline).

--
Orm