[CM] Grace on Linux Fedora 34

Juan Reyes juanig at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Mar 15 15:31:28 PDT 2022

Hi,

Was able to compile Grace 3.10.3 with Juce on Linux Fedora 34.

Lot's of warnings and a tweak(*).

Perhaps some of the Juce code needs to be updated to newer Juce versions
to avoid warnings.

   --* Juan

(*) Tweak is that
   'JUCE_MODAL_LOOPS_PERMITTED=1'

    Should be added to Projucer's Preprocessor Definitions

Steps below:

#  mkdir parent
#  cd parent
#  git clone https://github.com/juce-framework/JUCE.git
#  curl ftp://ccrma-ftp.stanford.edu/pub/Lisp/sndlib.tar.gz | tar -zx
#  git clone https://github.com/ricktaube/grace.git grace

#  cd sndlib
#  premake4 --with-g++
#  make

Now for Juce:

Need to compile (make) Projucer App (binary)

(make sure you have dependencies on
"doc/Linux_dependencies.md Linux_dependencies.md")

libasound2-dev libjack-jackd2-dev \
ladspa-sdk \
libcurl4-openssl-dev  \
libfreetype6-dev \
libx11-dev libxcomposite-dev libxcursor-dev \
libxcursor-dev libxext-dev libxinerama-dev \
libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev \
libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev \
libglu1-mesa-dev mesa-common-dev

# cd  ../
# cd  JUCE/extras/Projucer/Builds/LinuxMakefile
# make

Once we have a binary and on the Builds directory:

#  cd build/

Run Projucer:

#  ./Projucer

Now on  Projucer's Window on the File Menu,

OPEN ../parent/grace/Grace.jucer

On the Exporters tab make sure Linux Makefile is yellowed
or outlined.

On Projucer's right side list scroll down on to
"Preprocessors Definitions"

Add the following definition: JUCE_MODAL_LOOPS_PERMITTED=1

Then Preprocessor Definitions should look like:

     JUCE_MODAL_LOOPS_PERMITTED=1
     HAVE_SCHEME=1

On Projucer's File menu: select 'SAVE'

This will create a new Makefile on

  '../parent/grace/Builds/LinuxMakefile'

Now,

#  cd ../parent/grace/Builds/LinuxMakefile
and,
#  make

Grace binary should be on the Build directory

# cd Build

Run Grace

./Grace &