[CM] s7 manpages & demos update

Gregg Reynolds dev at mobileink.com
Fri Jul 16 16:14:50 PDT 2021

Hi folks,

FYI I've added a lot of material to the manpages.  The DESCRIPTION sections
are a little out of whack because I've reorganized a few of them, but the
SYNOPSIS sections contain a pretty substantial portion of the API - you may
find it useful even in its present inchoate state if you're coding to the
API.  (I find manpages the best way to quickly check APIs during
development...)

I've also added a zsh script in man/install.sh. If you clone the repo and
run the script, it will softlink the manpages to ${HOME}/man.  If
${HOME}/bin is on the PATH, then ${HOME}/man will automatically be added to
MANPATH, so you can do e.g. `$ man s7_c_object_value` etc.  At least that's
the way things work on MacOS; it shouldn't be too hard to adapt it to
Linux.  The script generates a link for each function in the API (at least
the ones that  are in the manpages.) - a whopping 360 links (but only 47
files so far).

I've also made substantial progress on a demo project, `demos/cstruct`.  It
covers most (some?) of the basics, I think.  With a little more work I
think it could form the basis of a pretty good project template.
Feedback/suggestions welcome.

The repo is at https://github.com/mobileink/s7

Cheers,

Gregg