[CM] new project - Scheme for Pd

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 07:37:21 PST 2021

Hi colleagues, I also wanted to share that I have begun (slowly) working on
a PureData port of Scheme for Max. If there are any PD gurus on here who
want to assist, that would be lovely. I will be picking up development on
it this semester as soon as I get a bow on the Scheme for Max 0.2 release,
probably this week. I believe the majority of what I've done in Scheme for
Max should port over pretty well, with the PD version being quite a bit
simpler.

One of my eventual goals with both is to clean up the code to the point
that adding new C functions is easy for the user developer, and I think the
PD version will be a good first target for this, as the C code in it is
simpler/cleaner (much less old kludgy code in PD from what I can tell so
far), and I expect PD devs will be more interested in doing this. (The
external hacking crowd being a very small percentage of the Max user base).

Anyway, just thought I'd share in case this is something others are
interested in. Initial Hello PD repo is here, I got it successfully turning
on and evaluating some scheme a few months ago but have been heads down on
Scheme for Max 0.2 since then.

https://scheme-for-max-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/algo_procs.html