[CM] New music package 'musx' available

Taube, Heinrich K taube at illinois.edu
Fri Jan 8 13:26:58 PST 2021

I had to wrestle a bit to get python3 installed on my linux box its  possible

are you able to start your venv?? try:

$ source venv/bin/activate

and see what happens. if it starts, try upgrading your version of pip

On Jan 8, 2021, at 3:21 PM, Forrest Curo <treegestalt at gmail.com<mailto:treegestalt at gmail.com>> wrote:

What I've gotten to is:
forrest at lapcritter:~/musx-1.0.0$ python3.9 --version
Python 3.9.1
forrest at lapcritter:~/musx-1.0.0$ python3.9 -m venv venv
Error: Command '['/home/forrest/musx-1.0.0/venv/bin/python3.9', '-Im', 'ensurepip', '--upgrade', '--default-pip']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

I thought it might work despite 'exit status 1' but

forrest at lapcritter:~/musx-1.0.0$ source venv/bin/activate
bash: venv/bin/activate: No such file or directory

although ~/musx-1.0/0/venv/bin
is in place.
?