[CM] Nice resource for folks wanting to learn S7

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 09:47:22 PST 2021

Hi Bill and others, I just thought I'd share a neat finding. I'm preparing
some resources for new programmers to learn Scheme for Max, and Matt Wright
from CCRMA pointed me the book he did with Brian Harvey, "Simply Scheme".
As it turns out, the prelude needed to use the book works fine on S7 with
no alterations, and also exists for running on Dr Racket over R5RS. The
book is very beginner friendly, and available free. I've worked through the
first 9 chapters to test the examples so far, and all work without issue on
Scheme for Max, with the exception of things that use read-line (which work
on Dr Racket) So I'll be making a video/webpage suggesting it as a good way
for new programmers to learn.

Book here:
https://people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~bh/ss-toc2.html

Just thought I'd share the info!