[CM] Installation problem version 22 (21.9?)

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Mon Dec 20 10:31:01 PST 2021

Hello all,

I'm trying to get snd version 22 (21.9?) running on a Slackware64-current system.

As far as I can see,

./configure \
  --prefix=/usr \
  --libdir=/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX} \
  --sysconfdir=/etc \
  --localstatedir=/var \
  --mandir=/usr/man \
  --docdir=/usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$VERSION \
  --disable-static \
  --with-gui \
  --with-pulseaudio \
  --with-s7 \
  --build=$ARCH-slackware-linux

Make runs quietly...

Running snd in the source directory starts the non-gui version.

Running snd outside gives this:

$ snd
writing libc_s7.c
libc_s7.c:35:10: fatal error: s7.h: No such file or directory
   35 | #include "s7.h"
      |          ^~~~~~
compilation terminated.
gcc: error: libc_s7.o: No such file or directory
<1>

So, it seems libc_s7.so doesn't get installed. It _does_ exist in
the source directory though. The message 'writing libc_s7.c' confuses
me a little. Why does this happen on snd startup?

After installing both libc_s7.so and s7.h by hand, I get a running snd,
but still no GUI.

Does this have anything to do with it? (from config.log):
	GX_FILES='NO_GUI_O_FILES'
	GX_HEADERS='NO_GUI_HEADERS'

or
	#define USE_NO_GUI 1