[CM] Performance of Scheme for Max + modular synth algorithmic etude

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 08:17:10 PDT 2021

Thanks Brandon and Michael! Brandon, I cooked up a second "orchestrator
sequencer" for the score, and I talk about it later in the making of video.
I will also be documenting all the code in this as part of the Scheme for
Max sequencer toolkit. The orchestrator sequencer is a
straightforward linear sequencer of function calls. It could be prettied up
a lot with macros, but it does the job right now. Here's an example of what
it looks like:

from previous:
(define l1a (loop-player 'loop-len 8 'outlet 0 'transpose -12))
(l1a 'set-seq 0 p1)
etc

the orchestratro
(define s1 (event-score (hash-table :bbt (list 8 4 480))
  :1:1:0   (list
              '(l1a 'start)
           )

  :9:1:0   (list
             '(l1a 'start)
             '(l1b 'start)
           )

  :25:1:0  (list '
              '(l1c 'set 'transpose -5)
              '(l1c 'set 'on-step '(set! time-factor (+ 0.5 (* 0.5 (random
3)))))
              '(l1a 'start)
              '(l1c 'start)
           )