[CM] gtk in snd?

John Rigg cm at jrigg.co.uk
Wed Sep 9 09:17:00 PDT 2020

On Wed, Sep 09, 2020 at 07:04:59AM -0700, bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU wrote:
> That is interesting -- thanks for the pointer!  I wonder
> if writing raw X code is a good idea -- people say Wayland
> is the future (but they've been saying that for a decade).

Several Linux audio developers have moved away from big
GUI toolkits like GTK in the last few years. OpenGL and
Cairo seem quite popular.

Robin Gareus wrote his own toolkit for x42-plugins:
https://github.com/x42/robtk

The LSP-Plugins project switched from GTK to their own
toolkit:
https://github.com/sadko4u/lsp-plugins

J. Liles, the developer of Non DAW made his own port of
FLTK (NTK) with Cairo support:
https://github.com/original-male/ntk

John