[CM] incompatible pointer type warnings

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Tue May 19 19:21:15 PDT 2020

Hi Bill and others, I'm trying to clean up the torrent of warnings my
project is producing in Xcode now that it's pretty big, and this one has me
stumped. here's a snippet of working code:

t_max_err s7_obj_to_max_atom(s7_scheme *s7, s7_pointer *s7_obj, t_atom
*atom){

    if( s7_is_boolean(s7_obj) ){

        atom_setlong(atom, (int)s7_boolean(s7, s7_obj));

    }

I get the following warning for every use of s7_obj like the above:

"Incompatible pointer types passing 's7_pointer *' (aka 'struct s7_cell
**') to parameter of type 's7_pointer' (aka 'struct s7_cell *');
dereference with *"

If I try letting XCode "fix" it, the compiler things I should be using
*s7_obj, which of course crashes (had to try it in case I was totally
misunderstanding...)

Is there something I can do to not get this warning, or do I need to figure
out how to tell xcode to just shut up with that one?

thanks!