[CM] Creating a chatty email list for S7 users?

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 08:57:04 PDT 2020

I'm glad there is interest. I would respectfully disagree on the archive
privacy. I have found mailing list archives really helpful for finding out
about the health of projects, and the archive being public would help
people find out that S7 is alive and well. But I can see both sides of that.

As to venue, I guess we can think on this. Christos, I'll take a look at
the discourse and Github options. I think the main things I'm looking for
is an easy way for people to browse past conversations and search for them,
and an easy way for people to be subscribed to topics of interest but
ignore others. The Max forum has been really helpful for me over and over
again in that regard. I have seen one project move to github discussions,
but don't know how well it's working for them.

I could see github discussions being very helpful for raising profile of
activity. But I think that would benefit from us moving the "official
mirror" (Woody!) to a github org that is CCRMA or S7 or something to ensure
people know they are in the right place.

In other news, I got accepted into the Master's in Music Tech at UVic, so
for the next 4 years or so I will be able to dedicate a fair bit of time to
S7, that's exciting.

thanks all
iain