[CM] Creating a chatty email list for S7 users?

Christos Vagias chris.actondev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 10:58:06 PDT 2020

Hi Iaian, everyone,

Making the archive public will provide some ways for searching I suppose.
So that leaves us with the community/chat/forum.

A nice option seems to be *discourse* which provides a forum-like
functionality.
It's paid but
- it's open source, so it can be self-hosted
- has a plan for free hosting for open-source projects (they do have
restrictions though:
https://blog.discourse.org/2018/11/free-hosting-for-open-source-v2/ )

Another solution would be "GitHub Discussions". But I guess that would be
viable if  S7 gets an official repo in github
(any about this? ccrma does have its own github organization)
Github discussions though is something really new, haven't seen it in
action in any project & haven't ever used it.

Christos