[CM] Creating a chatty email list for S7 users?

bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Jul 27 10:38:08 PDT 2020

Sounds like a good idea to me, but I don't think
mailman (ccrma's choice) is ideal.  As you say it's
not searchable (I actually wasted some time recently
on this).  While doing that I was surprised to see
that cmdist has the "private archive" bit set, which
I think means that only list members can read the archive;
all this time I thought it was publicly readable.
I wonder if it this should be changed?