[CM] R7RS in S7

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 09:54:20 PST 2020

yeah Janet looks interesting, I found some neat projects in my scheme hunt.
Carp and Ferret are also pretty cool if you haven't stumbled on them. Carp
is a no-GC lisp for realtime work, and Ferret is a clojure-like lisp for
running on MCUs.

And I do understand your perspective too, obviously we all should be able
to work on projects however works for us, and supporting wider user
expectations is without doubt, extra work. Thanks for listening at any
rate. Thinking about this a bit more, it might make sense for me to publish
my work as something-on-s7, so that I can, at the least, make it clear to
potential beginner users (of which I expect to have many) to keep their
questions to the something-on-s7 forums and so on.  I expect to include
macros intended as gateway-drugs for new users coming from Clojure, Elixir,
and Racket too, so a layer on top of S7 will be likely and I expect it will
be of no interest to advanced schemers. I'm exploring good ways to write
docs such it is easy to flip between "in core S7", "in standard r5rs
scheme" and "this is in the something-on-s7 layer".

Interesting thing about Janet: that really nice site was written in
Mendoza, in Janet. It's a static site generation package by the author of
Janet, and available online. I think I'll be giving it a try!

And boy, do I wish I could have been at Stanford with you and Andy in those
days! His stories of it are amazing. :-)