[CM] Custom output port

Woody Douglass wdouglass at carnegierobotics.com
Mon Jan 13 07:31:38 PST 2020

I'm trying to implement a custom output port (to represent a socket) and having a bit of trouble. I've tried using open_output_function, but I can't see how to pass any context with the function (so I know which file descriptor to write to). I've also tried creating a c_object and adding "output-port?" and "write" methods, but some stuff (format specifically) won't work unless the "is-output-port" macro in s7.c returns true.

Should I patch s7 with an "s7_open_output_fd" function? is there a better way to do this?

Sorry to spam this list, thanks for all of your help,
Woody Douglass