[CM] Question about "Notes from the Metalevel"

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 09:31:01 PST 2020

I wonder if anyone on this list is able to comment on whether Rick Taube's
book, Notes from the Metalevel, would be useful for learning how others
have used scheme in algorithmic composition. I gather from online reviews
that the code is not usable in current versions of CM, but if the code is
S7 scheme, would this be a good tutorial for doing work in S7 outside of
current CM?  If not, anyone have other recos for material on how other
composers are using S7 or similar?

thanks
Iain