[CM] metaobject protocol for S7?

bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Aug 2 14:35:59 PDT 2020

stuff.scm has define-class, define-method, etc.  I just use
openlets, where the outer let can be the "class" and each
instance inherits from it.  I find this much more flexible
and easier to understand than CLOS-style machinery.  I read
somewhere that this is called a "prototype system".  I used
CLOS heavily in cmn (back in the 90's), and found that
the hierarchy simply made the code rigid (hard to change)
and opaque (hard to read/debug).  A better debugger would have
helped, but this was back in the dark ages.  Nowadays
everyone says you should keep your hierarchies as shallow
as possible, which means (does it not?) that no hierarchy
is best :)