[CM] Fwd: CM's loop macro, issues/incompleteness of implementation?

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 08:30:23 PDT 2020

Thanks for the clarification Rick. My main goal is to make Scheme For Max
have an optional load layer that includes everything someone might want for
getting existing lisp computer music code working on S4M with minimal
adjustment. The way I have things working, it will be easy to turn that off
and run plain S7 if desired.  I had plans already for something quite
similar to CM's processes for Max, so I'm hoping I can make it client code
compatible (or nearly so) with CM eventually too. Ideally a user could take
CM code and run it with minimal adjustment in a Max host or on Max for
Live. We'll see how feasible that turns out to be! I'd also really like to
point people at Notes from the Metalevel as the best intro resource, it's
perfect for a someone who knows music but is new to lisp. Really well
written BTW, I love the book! :-)  So I'm planning on page in the docs with
details on what you can or can't do from the book direct in Scheme for Max,
and taking examples from Notes to make regression tests so I know which
work.

With regard to sprouting processes, Max has a way for SDK functions to hook
into the global transport, so I'll try to rustle something up with that.
Great to hear it was added to Chicken too, which is on my learning list for
working with in a non-embedded context.