[CM] snd 19.7 gtk-effects menu not working

John Rigg cm at jrigg.co.uk
Sun Sep 15 07:43:51 PDT 2019

On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 02:47:02PM +0200, Koen De Turck wrote:
> Does anyone use the combo arch+motif? on openbsd I use motif and it works
> great, but on my arch machine I tried to get motif to work (with different
> versions
> iirc), but I failed so I settled with gtk instead, thinking that this was
> the standard option
> anyway (and forgot to document my different attempts so I can't recall
> exactly which version of
> motif I tried)
> Koen

I'm not an Arch user but I notice they currently use motif-2.3.8
(which appears to be from ICS despite the package name openmotif).
That version is also in OpenBSD 6.4 and 6.5.

My DAW systems are running Debian 9 with motif-2.3.4. Debian 10
uses motif-2.3.8 but I haven't tried it yet.

I don't know if choice of window manager is relevant. I used
Window Maker for many years and recently switched to cwm. Both
have worked well with snd and motif. Also of unknown relevance:
none of my systems run dbus or systemd.

BTW I was incorrect about Void using Open Motif; it uses lesstif
0.95, released in 2009. IIRC that was used in earlier versions
of Debian and was quite crash-prone when used with snd.

John