[CM] SchemeMosaic update

David O'Toole deeteeoh1138 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 15:28:58 PST 2019

SchemeMosaic, my experimental Snd-Scheme+Emacs based system for vaporwave
beat-chopping and CLM note sequencing, is now available in a
rough-but-working developer's release on both GNU/Linux and, thanks to
Cygwin, also on Microsoft(TM) Windows(TM)! The main website is
http://xelf.me/scheme-mosaic.html and the install guide for both platforms
is http://xelf.me/guide.html

The CLM note sequencer is based on Emacs and includes a graphical user
interface inspired by the old "Amiga Mod Tracker" scene; it has been tested
with FM-Violin as well as with work-in-progress custom orchestral synthesis
instruments based on the data in SPECTR.SCM. Here is a link to an mp3 of
some of the sounds: http://xelf.me/demo-collection.mp3

The beat-chopping facility is better-explained on the SchemeMosaic website,
but here is how it sounds: http://xelf.me/coherent-4.mp3

This is a developer's release and the documentation is incomplete. But
enough is included to get you started, (and some examples to play with).
Also, because the Windows support is brand new, not all features are yet
working on Windows (in particular, Ecasound is missing.) But just about
everything else works.

Next steps include improved documentation, a video tutorial, Ecasound
support on Windows, samizdat sample "fun packs" and a nifty "Dashboard"
style GUI with really nice icons and buttons.

Please let me know if you check it out! I am available as "dto" on the
freenode irc channel "#xelf"

Special thanks to Bill and all those who've helped.