[CM] s7 loading functions

bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Jul 11 14:15:11 PDT 2019

Hi!  I'm pleased that s7 has been useful.  To address your
questions, I can't remember any reason for the difference
between g_load and s7_load.  It is possible to use autoload
with native libraries via the file-or-function argument,
I think -- it's been a long time since I looked at it.
But it would be simpler to give "libc.so" as the file
name.  I'll also test *load-path* with native libraries --
in the past I don't think this worked (my vague recollection
is that you got no error if the file didn't exist until
you tried to use something from the library).

In any case, this is the right mailing list for these sorts
of questions, and I'm usually happy to receive code.  Unless
there's some problem I've overlooked, I'll make the changes to
s7_load and autoload.

Thanks for the suggestions!