[CM] s7 loading functions

Woody Douglass wdouglass at carnegierobotics.com
Thu Jul 11 13:37:17 PDT 2019

Hello,

I'm working on a project which uses s7 scheme for scripting, and I'm finding it incredibly useful. I am interested in the load function; i've written some libraries in C which i'd like to load into the interpreter.

I've noticed that g_load and s7_load behave a bit differently; native libraries (with a '.so' extension) can be dlopened using g_load but not s7_load. Also, the *load-path* is searched for scheme files but not for native ones. Finally, the autoloader calls s7_load and not g_load, so no autoloading native libraries.

So here are my questions:
1) Is there a way to get the autoloader to load native libraries?
2) is there a reason why the *load-path* functionality doesn't apply to native libraries?
3) if i decide to write a patch to make s7_load and g_load behave more similarly, is this mailing list the right place to put it? is there a process for 'upstreaming' patches?